I’ve recently received a few emails with suggestions of books I might like to read based on others I have reviewed and thought I should clarify my position.
I am more than happy to receive suggestions for books to read, but please check my recent book reviews for the type of books I prefer. I will check out your suggestion, and if it sounds like something I’d like then I’ll add it to my Goodreads “To Read” list. But fair warning, there are already quite a lot of books on there! The more your book captures my attention, the more likely it is to float to the top of the list.
You can suggest your book via my Contact form. Things you should include in your message:
- Your name (or the pen name you write under),
- Your website address so I can see what else you’ve written,
- Book title (link to Amazon or Goodreads would be better),
- The blurb so I know what it’s about,
- And other books I’ve read that are like yours (in other words: why you’re recommending it).
Please don’t submit your entire back catalogue. Choose one and suggest that. If you’ve got a Goodreads or Amazon author page then I’ll find your other works that way.